Friday, July 21, 2017

Our First Home! {Part One}

I'm so excited to be writing this post today! We are in the process of remodeling our new home. My husband and I purchased a 1983 ranch style home a couple of months ago. We are elbow deep in remodeling and restoring.

We closed on our first home May 30, 2017.



Wallpaper? With blue flowers? Anybody? This was actually the first room to go. My husband spent numerous hours stripping the wallpaper and prepping for the painting.

I was extremely grateful he handled most of this himself. He only needed me to clean up his mess. I obliged with thankfulness. :)




This is after the  paint and new  light fixture. We are still going to paint the cabinets and possibly install new sinks. 



Let's talk about this fireplace. We fell in love with it at first sight. Even though the red brick wasn't appealing to the eye, I knew I could make this look wonderful with a little paint.



I started by using Valspar flat interior paint from  Lowe's. 


This is the finished product! I'm so happy with the outcome.




We also painted the kitchen cabinets. We weren't too keen on the dark wood cabinets, so we decided to paint them white to brighten up this area.







Our Master Bedroom. Look how dreary and blue this place is!




Added a couple of coats of paint and it changes the entire look!




I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

XOXOXO,
Angela

You can also find me here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Angela's Abode